Is it OK for my puppy to eat snails?

Answer:

Eating snails can cause lungworm, a parasite causing serious illness in dogs.

Speak to your vet about the flea treatment you are using if you are concerned about your dog eating slugs or snails. A flea treatment called Advocate prevents lungworm. It needs to be applied once a month.

Please do not put slug pellets down in your garden as they are poisonous to dogs. Instead make beer or wine trap in a plastic cup and sink it into your soil so the slugs and snails drown and die happy. (organic method)

See you next time

tailwags,

Christine

Posted by
LWDadmin